Matt Gemkow, the author of this content section at Select Fitness USA, boasts more than 15 years of fitness experience. He started out in sports and athletic training for many years and has since 2014 transitioned into heavy-weight training and bodybuilding. As a result, he has become one of the most experienced fitness equipment experts out there, and a valuable source of information.
Body Solid Home Gym Workout Routine Guide
To help you get started with your new or potentially new Body Solid home gym machine, we want to provide you with a written workout guide.
The following routines will cover exercises including sets and reps for specific workout days.
This approach not only helps you to stay consistent with your training regimen but also ensures that you optimize the use of your Body Solid P2X home gym machine. So, let's dive into the workout routines and begin your journey towards a fitter and healthier lifestyle.
Body Solid Home Gym Workout: Basics
Familiarizing Yourself With The Gym You Have/Are Buying
Before diving into your workout routine, it's essential to familiarize yourself with the Body Solid home gym that own. For the rest of the article, we will use the Body Solid P2X home gym, with the leg press attachment as an example and reference.
Here are a few key features of the Body Solid P2X home gym machine:
- 160 lb. weight stack
- Adjustable press arm
- Leg press attachment
- High, mid, and low pulleys
- Option to upgrade the weight stack
Need a Home Gym? How To Pick One that Allows for The Most Versatility
Choosing a versatile home gym machine is crucial for maximizing your workouts. When selecting a home gym, consider the range of exercises, the required space, and your budget. The Body Solid P2X with the leg press attachment is ideal for those seeking versatility in a compact space.
Shop Body Solid home gyms.
When looking for a versatile home gym, consider the following:
|Range of exercises||Ensure that the gym machine can target all major muscle groups and offer various workouts.|
|Space requirements||Measure the space where the gym will be placed and compare it with the gym's dimensions.|
|Budget||Find a gym that fits within your budget while still offering versatility and durability.|
Remember, investing in a versatile home gym like the Body Solid P2X ensures you can perform a variety of exercises and meet your fitness goals effectively.
Workout Routine Overview
Regardless of which Body Solid home gym machine you have, the following workout routine will help you make the most of your equipment. We will be using the Body Solid P2X with leg press attachment as an example for this routine. The workout plan is divided into six focus days, targeting different muscle groups on each day. Let's dive into specifics:
On chest day, the main exercise to focus on is the chest press. Using the P2X machine, perform 4 sets of 8-12 reps for this exercise. Additionally, incorporate the following exercises:
- Incline Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Pec Fly: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Decline Press (optional): 4 sets x 8-12 reps
Back day primarily focuses on the lat pulldown and seated row exercises. Perform 4 sets of 8-12 reps for each of these exercises, along with:
- Reverse Fly: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Lat Pullover: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
For shoulder day, utilize the P2X machine's shoulder press function to perform 4 sets of 8-12 reps. Additionally, include:
- Lateral Raises: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Upright Rows: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Front Raises: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
Arm day using the P2X machine consists of bicep curls and tricep pushdowns, both performed for 4 sets of 8-12 reps. Add these other exercises to your routine:
- Hammer Curls: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Tricep Kickbacks: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
For leg day, you will make use of the leg press attachment. Complete 4 sets of 8-12 reps for each leg press and leg curl exercises, and:
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Standing Calf Raises (optional): 4 sets x 12-15 reps
Lastly, add an ab workout to your routine for a complete Body Solid P2X workout. Perform 4 sets of the following exercises:
- Crunches: 15-20 reps
- Leg Raises: 15-20 reps
- Seated Russian Twists: 15-20 reps per side
Body Solid Home Gym Exercises: In-Depth
Utilizing the Body Solid P2X with leg press attachment home gym machine, you can effectively perform a wide range of exercises targeting all major muscle groups. This guide provides an actionable workout routine for multiple workout days, including chest day, back day, shoulder day, arm day, leg day, and abs exercises.
Chest Exercises: Sets and Reps
Here are some chest exercises you can perform:
- Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Chest Fly: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Back Exercises: Sets and Reps
For a comprehensive home workout targeting back muscles, try these exercises:
- Seated Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Back Hyperextension: 2 sets of 10-15 reps
Shoulder Exercises: Sets and Reps
To work on your shoulder muscles, perform these exercises:
- Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Upright Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Arm Exercises: Sets and Reps
For an effective home workout targeting your arms, include these exercises:
- Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Tricep Extensions: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Forearm Curls: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
Leg Exercises: Sets and Reps
Using the leg press attachment, improve your lower body strength with these exercises:
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Calf Raises: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
Abs Exercises: Sets and Reps
To target your core and enhance abdominal strength, perform the following exercises:
- Ab Crunches: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Leg Raises: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Oblique Twists: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
By following this Body Solid Home Gym workout routine, you'll be able to get the most out of your P2X home gym machine on a smaller scale while still working all major muscle groups.
Advanced Tips and Techniques
Once you're familiar with your Body-Solid P2X home gym machine, it's time to take your workout routine to the next level. Here are some advanced tips and techniques to help you make the most of your workouts and achieve faster results.
1. Progressive Overload: Increase the resistance in small increments as you grow stronger. This will ensure that your muscles continue to be challenged and that your progress remains steady.
2. Use Advanced Techniques: Incorporate advanced techniques like supersets, drop sets, and forced reps into your workouts. These can help promote muscle growth, optimize fat loss, and increase workout efficiency.
- Supersets: Perform two exercises back-to-back, targeting the same or different muscle groups, with minimal rest in between.
- Drop sets: Perform a set to failure, then immediately reduce the weight and perform another set to failure.
- Forced reps: After reaching failure on a set, have a partner help you complete additional reps by providing just enough assistance to allow you to keep moving the weight.
3. Prioritize Weak Muscles: Focus on improving your weaker muscle groups by targeting them first in your workouts or dedicating an entire workout day to them.
4. Incorporate Functional Training Exercises: Include functional exercises like squats, lunges, and reverse flys in your routine. These movements engage multiple muscle groups simultaneously and help improve overall body strength and balance.
5. Adjust Your Grip and Stance: Vary your hand and foot positions on exercises to target different muscle fibers and promote muscle growth. For example, try wide and close-grip variations of the same exercise to work different parts of the targeted muscles.
For an even deeper guide, check Body Solid's workout / exercise information too!
In conclusion, a Body Solid Home Gym, particularly the P2X with leg press attachment, is an excellent investment for those looking to create a comprehensive workout routine at home.
By following the suggested workout routines for chest, back, shoulders, arms, legs, and abs, you will be on your way to achieving your fitness goals in no time.
With a Body Solid Home Gym, you have the advantage of a compact, versatile machine that can provide a full-body workout while saving you time and money.
Looking for the best Body Solid home gym? Click the link and read our in depth article about all the Body Solid home gym models and our suggestions to you.